Some of the BIOREG program deliverables are now available on the project website. These documents, which have not yet been validated by the European Commission […]
Wood Waste management - a sector in need of visibility
The management of wood waste in Europe, whose flows are increasing thanks to incentive policies, is now in a difficult situation, torn between a directive that encourages material recycling and policies that aim at significantly increasing biomass energy. In this context, relevant actors have poor visibility on how to implement solutions or adapt regulations. There is a need of a unified platform to provide information and relevant feedback to actors and bring them together to disseminate suitable solutions and success factors, depending on the regional context.
Setting up European Wood Waste Platform - BIOREG in order to transfer success factors and solutions
To answer the existing need the first multi-stakeholder platform in Europe dedicated to wood waste will be developed: European Wood Waste Platform - BIOREG. The platform will facilitate the identification and selection of best practices and success factors among European demonstrator regions which have set up pertinent mechanisms all along the value chain of wood waste management (collecting, treatment, valorisation such as reuse, wood waste to materials, wood waste to energy) and outputs management (gas, ash, other waste from valorisation processes).
In close cooperation with key stakeholders from demonstrator and recipient regions, the platform will allow to transfer the success factors identified to regions with unused wood waste potential or bad practices.
Opportunities for members
European Wood Waste Platform - BIOREG will assist members in:
• getting access to good practices from model regions;
• gaining insight into the European wood waste markets by presenting their company and their skills or using the Geoportal Mapping Tool;
• presenting their products, services and offers as well as proposals for cooperation ;
• identifying and contacting potential partners in the wood waste sector easily and directly at a European level;
• influencing policy makers to adapt the relevant regulatory framework;
• getting access to investors;
• fostering the development of industrial projects.
Overall, the platform aims to:
• improve wood waste management in Europe along the value chain by increasing its collection rate and reducing bad practices such as landfilling or combustion without smoke treatment.
• replicate the most relevant industrial ecosystems in deficient regions, by following the logic of a cascading system and the circular economy.
• provide information on the expected evolution of the regulatory and normative framework at a national and European Scale (regulatory watch), or structural trends (cascade use, carbon storage, circular economy, etc.).
Content will be uploaded in October 2018.
In September 2018, the Construction and Demolition Union (SEDDRE ex SRBTP) presented results of its wide characterization campaign of wood waste from Construction&Demolition. More than […]
The French ECIRBEN program is about to end. Started in 2016, the program aimed to increase collecting of wood waste and its valorisation on Normandy […]
CEDEN and Biomasse Normandie carry out a big campaign of characterization of wood waste from furniture, launched by the 2 French eco-organisms (Eco-Mobilier and Valdelia) […]
Content will be added soon……. […]
Latest forum topics