On June 29, 2017, a workshop on “Good practices in wood waste management” was held in Puławy. The meeting was organized by the Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation State Research Institute in Pulawy (IUNG BIP). The international workshop was organized as part of the BioReg project. During the workshop, the representatives of the model regions presented good practices in the use of wood waste.
All stakeholders involved in the workshop were in agreement that there is a need to:
– Organise educational programs for a wide audience or information campaign on possibilities of managing wood waste – (energy production, compost preparation material, litter for animals, raw material for panel panels, furniture, decorative elements)
– Change of legal regulations binding in the EU and in Polish low
– Improve of a local and regional level of waste management system
– Creation or improvement of local collection centres for wood waste
– Develop of R & D in the reuse of wood waste.