Dominique Boulday, Bioreg’s coordinator has featured in front of 170 attendees the Bioreg’s plaform during the symposium dedicated to waste wood in Normandy “12th Symposium on end-of-life wood, Le Havre”. This symposium of which Bioreg was a partner was a good opportunity to initiate the launch of the platform.
On the 29/11/2017, the members of Bioreg accompanied by the 3 members of the Advisory board visited the high performance sorting center in Normandy as well as the wood waste platform associated to the center. The operator (VEOLIA) showed and explained the functioning of the chain allowing the sorting of the waste wood fraction, as well as the different valorisation modes.
On June 29, 2017, a workshop on “Good practices in wood waste management” was held in Puławy. The meeting was organized by the Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation State Research Institute in Pulawy (IUNG BIP). The international workshop was organized as part of the BioReg project. During the workshop, the representatives of the model regions presented good practices in the use of wood waste.
All stakeholders involved in the workshop were in agreement that there is a need to:
– Organise educational programs for a wide audience or information campaign on possibilities of managing wood waste – (energy production, compost preparation material, litter for animals, raw material for panel panels, furniture, decorative elements)
– Change of legal regulations binding in the EU and in Polish low
– Improve of a local and regional level of waste management system
– Creation or improvement of local collection centres for wood waste
– Develop of R & D in the reuse of wood waste.
The project has started